Ditch the potato chips for this nutrient-rich, highly addictive snack.
- 1 large bunch kale (any variety, although Dino, a.k.a. Lacinato or Tuscan, works best)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (use less if kale bunch is small)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Rinse and dry the kale; remove the stems and tough center ribs
- Cut into large pieces, toss with olive oil in a bowl then sprinkle with salt
- Arrange leaves in a single layer on baking sheets
- Bake for 10 minutes then turn leaves over; bake for another 10 minutes, or until crisp (be careful not to burn)
- Place on a rack to cool
Be adventurous and experiment with other spices and seasonings such as black pepper, cayenne pepper, cumin, coriander or nutritional yeast.