Wow your friends with these spicy little nibbles!
Super healthy, this addictive snack is easy to make and will fill your home with the most enticing aroma. Feel free to play around with the spices and seasonings. I like to double the recipe and fill glass Mason jars to give as gifts or take to parties.
Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are high in fiber, protein and antioxidants. They can help lower cholesterol, reduce heart disease risk, combat cancer and regulate blood sugar levels.
Indian-Spiced Roasted Chickpeas
- 2 cups canned chickpeas (organic, no-salt added preferable)
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Rinse and drain chickpeas then pat dry with a towel
- Combine everything, toss well
- Spread in a single layer on a parchment- or foil-lined baking sheet
- Roast, tossing a few times, for 40-50 minutes, or until the chickpeas are golden and crisp
Happy, Healthy Snacking!